Saturday, November 14, 2009

Presentation Critique

I really appreciate voices of classmates and Carla Gannis about my Alpa project; touch screen restaurant menus. After discussing about my work, I thought that I need to reinforce a rating system of the menu, represent the whole menu list before showing details of each menu and buttons to present next navigation. Also, I need to make more ordering options for the customer before he or she makes the final decision. During the critique , we had controversial time about electronic device for restaurant menus. Actually, when I came up with this ideas, I thought the menus based on table formats. But, while I was doing the research, I realized that book format menus are appropriate for Korean touch screen menus because of the characteristic of Korean food. When we go to Korean restaurant, a waiter serves a lot of side dishes for free before ordering. That's why we cannot use table touch screen menus in Korean restaurant because side dishes hide touch screen menus. There would not be enough space for touch screen menus if there are too many side dishes. It was a good opportunities to know about how people are supposed to feel when they use this menus.

No comments: